TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- CHARGE ELECTRIC CART EVERY NIGHT!
- NEVER PUSH CART. IT WILL DAMAGE THE CART AND MOTOR
- PREMIUM UNLEADED GAS ONLY IN GAS CARTS. OTHER GAS WILL DAMAGE MOTOR
- CART SHOULD ALWAYS BE LOCKED WHEN NOT IN USE
- ABSOLUTELY NO AFTER HOURS DROP OFF
- NO NIGHT DRIVING. NO DRIVING ON THE BEACH!
- Pickup/Deliver-key should be placed under the front seat on the battery.
- When you leave on the final day, make sure extension cord is on the cart and the cart is LOCKED.
- Obey all local and state laws.
- Valid Driver’s license is required to operate cart.
Lessee acknowledges receipt of the equipment identified above (the “equipment”) which is examined by the Lessee and found to be in first class condition upon receipt (except as noted below). Lessee further acknowledges that the equipment is leased by Lessor or Lessee for the purpose for which was manufactured for (subject however to the terms and conditions set forth herein).
The equipment shall be returned in the same condition as when received, ordinary wear and tear accepted.
Lessee shall pay to Lessor, upon demand, rental for the equipment at the rate provided until the equipment is returned to Lessor. Daily rates will apply unless other arrangements are made with Lessor in advance. Daily rates will apply if the equipment is kept after the scheduled return date. All days, including weekends and holidays, are chargeable.
Lessee shall reimburse the lessor for the cost of the golf cart lock provided during rental if it is lost, stolen or damaged white it is being rented or the Lessee forgets the combination and it has to be cut off.
Lessee shall indemnify and hold Lessor harmless from and against any and all liability, including bodily injury and property damage, arising out of the use or operation of the equipment.
Lessee shall abide by all rules and regulations of Lessor governing the use of the equipment, as well as local law enforcement rules and regulations. Lessee shall be responsible for all costs and expenses incurred if rules and regulations are not abided by. It is the responsibility of the Lessee to contact local law enforcement agencies for rules and regulations for operating vehicle within the towns limits. ONLY HOLDERS OF VALID DRIVER’S LICENSE MAY OPERATE THE EQUIPMENT.
Lessee shall not assign the Rental Contract or sublease the equipment.
In case of an accident or damage of leased property, Lessee is fully financially responsible for repairs or replacement of leased item. Lessee also authorized Brigadoon Golf Rentals, Inc dba Surfside Golf Car Rental will notify you of the damage, the amount and give the Lessee this option of paying cash or certified check prior to charging the credit card.
If any South Carolina laws or golf cart rental rules are broken, Lessee will forfeit rental for remainder of leased term without any reimbursement of monies paid.
Lessee is fully financially responsible for any and all damages occurred from accident, its self or others during the entire time cart is leased until returned.
After hour emergency phone number is 843-650-2497
SURFSIDE BEACH TOWN CODE OF ORDINANCES
ARTICLE V. - GOLF CARTS
Sec. 9-60. - Golf cart permit and the operation of a golf cart.
- For the purposes of this section, this code applies to any and all golf carts being operated within the town's corporate limits.
- For the purposes of this section, "gated community," if any, means any homeowners community with at least one (1) access-controlled ingress and egress which includes the presence of a guard house, a mechanical barrier or another method of controlled conveyance.
- An individual or business owner of a vehicle commonly known as a golf cart may obtain a permit decal and registration from the South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles upon presenting proof of ownership and liability insurance for the golf cart and upon payment of a five dollar ($5.00) fee.
(1) During daylight hours only, a permitted golf cart may be operated within four (4) miles of the address on the registration certificate and only on a secondary highway or street for which the posted speed limit is thirty-five (35) miles an hour or less.
(2) During daylight hours only, a permitted golf cart may be operated within four (4) miles of a point of ingress and egress to a gated community and only on a secondary highway or street for which the posted speed limit is thirty-five (35) miles an hour or less.
(3) During daylight hours only, within four (4) miles of the registration holder's address, and while traveling along a secondary highway or street for which the posted speed limit is thirty-five (35) miles an hour or less, a permitted golf cart may cross a highway or street at an intersection where the highway has a posted speed limit of more than thirty-five (35) miles an hour.
- A person operating a permitted golf cart must be at least sixteen (16) years of age and hold a valid driver's license. The operator of a permitted golf cart being operated on a highway or street must have in his possession:
(1) The registration certificate issued by the department of motor vehicles;
(2) Proof of liability insurance for the golf cart; and
(3) His driver's license.
- A golf cart permit must be replaced with a new permit every five (5) years or at the time the permit holder changes his address.
- The provisions of this section that restrict the use of a golf cart to certain streets, certain hours, and certain distances shall not apply to a golf cart used by a police/public safety agency in connection with the performance of its duties.
- Golf carts are prohibited from travelling along the town's sidewalks and shall be operated on town streets as a vehicle.
- Any owner or operator violating any provision of this section shall pay a fine of fifty dollars ($50.00) plus court assessment for each violation cited. Failure of any person to pay the fines imposed shall be subject to the same penalties and provisions allowed for traffic violations pursuant to state law.
- Any company within the town's corporate limits that rents golf carts is hereby required to provide a copy of the ordinance from which this section derives to its customers that rent golf carts.
Please call the Surfside Beach Police Department at 843.913.6368 with any questions about proper golf cart operation.